The Policy is provided to inform users of the type of cookies used by the Websites, the way they are used, their deletion and deactivation and their rights under the GDPR.
2. The data controller and the Data Protection Officer
The data controller (the “Controller”) is Atlantia SpA, with its registered office at Piazza San Silvestro 8, 00187 Roma. As data controller, Atlantia SpA will process the personal data provided through the Websites in accordance with the requirements of the applicable data protection legislation and this Policy.
As the data controller, Atlantia has identified and appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) in accordance with articles 37-39 of the Regulation. The DPO may be contacted at the following email address: DPO@atlantia.com
3. What cookies are and how they are used
Cookies are packages of information sent by a web server (e.g., the Website) to your internet browser. This information is stored on your device (a computer, tablet or smartphone) every time you visit a website using a browser and automatically sent back to the originating server at each subsequent visit to the website.
The coded information contained by the cookies may also include personal data, such as the IP address from which the connection was made, the user’s name, an e-mail address and a unique identifier.
Typically, cookies can be installed:
- directly by the owner and/or manager of the website (first-party cookies)
- by websites other than the one being visited by a user (third-party cookies). Unless otherwise specified, please note that these cookies fall under the direct and exclusive responsibility of the third-party operator. Further information on privacy and the use of such cookies can be found on the respective operators' websites.
Cookies may be classified according to the instructions provided by the Italian Data Protection Authority and, at European level, by the Working Party set up pursuant to art. 29:
- Session, which are not permanently stored on the user's computer and are deleted when the browser is closed. These cookies are strictly limited to transmission of the session identifiers required to enable users to safely and efficiently browse the website, avoiding the use of other IT techniques that could potentially compromise the confidentiality of the user's browsing;
- Persistent, which remain stored on a computer's hard drive until they expire or are deleted by users/visitors. Persistent cookies enable visitors to a website (or any other users of the same computer) to be automatically recognised each time they visit the website. Visitors can set their computer's browser to accept or reject all cookies, or display a warning each time a cookie is proposed so that they can decide whether or not to accept it. However, users can change the default configuration and disable (i.e. permanently block) cookies by setting the highest level of protection.
- Technical, used to authenticate your identity, use multimedia content such as Flash Player or select the browsing language. These are used solely for the purpose of “carrying out the transmission of certain information on an electronic communications network or as strictly necessary for the provider of an information service to provide services requested explicitly by the subscriber or user”. In general, therefore, it is not necessary to obtain prior informed consent from the user. This category also includes Analytics cookies used to statistically analyse access/visits to a website, where they are exclusively used for statistical purposes and to collect information in an anonymous, aggregate form;
- Analytics, used to collect and analyse statistical data regarding access/visits to a website. In some cases, combined with other data such as credentials entered to access restricted areas (your email address and password), they may be used to profile you (personal habits, sites you visit, content you download, types of interactions you make, etc.).
Social media policy
Atlantia is active on social networks and, by clicking on the buttons on our Websites, users are redirected to Social Media pages that have their own cookie and privacy policies over which the Company has no control.
4. The cookies present on this Website
The following table shows the name/code of the cookie installed, its type and purpose/description and how long they are stored by the websites operated by Atlantia: